In 2008 I...
( ) Kissed in the snow
( ) Celebrated Halloween
( x ) Had your heart broken.
( ) mooned someone
( ) went over the minutes on your cell phone
( ) cut in a line of waiting people
( x ) told someone you were busy when you weren't
( ) partied to celebrate the new year
( x ) cooked a disastrous meal.
( ) lied about how old you were
( ) prank called someone
( ) broke a promise
( ) fell out of love
( ) lied
( x ) cried over a broken heart
( x ) disappointed someone close
( x ) hid a secret
( x ) pretended to be happy
( ) slept under the stairs
( ) kept your new year's resolution
( ) forgot your new year's resolution
( x ) met someone who changed your life
( ) met one of your idols
( x ) changed your outlook on life
( x ) sat home all day doing nothing
( ) pretended to be sick
( ) left the country
( ) almost died
( x ) given up on something/someone important to you
( ) lost something expensive
( x ) learned something new about yourself
( x ) tried something you normally wouldn't try and liked it
( x ) made a change in your life
( x ) found out who your true friends are (I learned I don't have many)
( x ) met great people (My Flagler friends that I'm going to miss so much when I graduate.)
( x ) stayed up till sunrise
( x ) cried over the silliest thing (I probably did at some point)
( x ) had friends who were drifting away from you
( ) had a high cell phone bill
( ) spent most of your money on food
( ) had a fist fight
( x ) went to the beach with your best friends (With an incredible trusted friend that I don't get to see nearly as much as I wish).
( x ) gotten sick
( ) liked more than 5 people at the same time
( x ) became closer with a lot of people
Was 2008 a good year?
One of the best ever, thanks to friends and a better outlook on life.
Do you think 2009 will top 2008?
It's very possible and I sure hope so.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you had not done before?
A lot of things, but the most important was truly starting to believe in myself.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I can't remember actually making any official new years resolutions, but I decided to stop being so pessimistic and be happy instead.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Friends did have kiddos, but they were far away. Yay for Facebook and photos!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I haz no monies to travel.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why?
There are a bunch, but I rather not elaborate or I'll go on forever. Some are sad and some are awesome.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Believing in myself
9. What was your biggest disappointment?
Losing friends I cared for a lot. Still care for.
10. Did you suffer injury or illness?
Nah, just a lot of sleep deprivation.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm not sure. I don't buy much. Mostly just toiletries, water, and such that I need.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends in general. I love them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A couple people I used to be friends with. One in particular.
14. Where did most of your money go?
College. Yay enormous ever growing debt.
15. What did you get excited about?
Lots of things having to do with friends and things I have done! 2008 was awesome.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
30 Seconds to Mars songs. Avenged Sevenfold songs. A lot of songs, really.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? So much happier!! I can't emphasize that enough.
ii. thinner or fatter? A little thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. And I don't mean with money, but with the things that really add up up :)
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish I took more risks. And I wish I could have given more to my friends... more of my time, gifts, all of that stuff.
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Thinking of people I suspect don't have their best intentions in mind for me.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I loved it, because after the family thing, I got to spend the rest of the day with one of my best friends and her family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, but I continued loving someone I probably shouldn't.
22. How many people did you kiss?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone anymore. My brother and I used to hate each other, but he's actually rather cool now and I prefer him over my mother!
25. What was the best book you read?
Erm, I don't do books. I know that is strange. But they put me to sleep.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
30 Seconds to Mars and Avenged Sevenfold songs.
27. What did you want and get?
A lot of things :) I got my life back. I got in contact with old friends that are still awesome people.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight
29.What did you do on your birthday, how old were you?
I turned 24 and my roomie, who became a best friend, made my day. She bought me ice cream at Sonic and took me shopping where I bought some clothes that actually made me feel good about myself.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding romantic love. That's asking a lot though, so maybe more time with friends is more realistic, LOL.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept?
Trying to enjoy being a girl, instead of dressing in clothes that didn't do anything for my self esteem.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As if I have to say who... Shepard Smith of FOX News Channel.
I am a total dork.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Please, don't get me started. I'll just say that the Republicans deserved losing this time.
35. Who did you miss?
Friends and former friends.
36. Who were the best new people you met this year?
My Flagler friends, including the ones that left Flagler :) I'll be forever grateful that I met them.
37. Tell us a valuable new lesson you learned this year..
To not go begging for continued friendship from people who aren't behaving like friends anymore.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up this year:
"Come on now baby please
Just look around
Look around it’s there
It’s good to feel alive
Feel alive, feel alive
This amazing life"
Amazing Life by Jem